Dentrix and Jarvis: A Report Guide
The following sections will highlight how the modules in Jarvis populate their data. You’ll discover how to compare data in Dentrix reports to the data in Jarvis so you can better understand the numbers you see. This will allow you to feel confident in Jarvis’ ability to structure and give useful insights into the trends and recommendations for your business.
If your office or organization has customized any core metrics (Gross Production, Net Production, Adjustments, Collections, New Patients, or Patient Visits) please contact your Customer Success Manager for a customized report guide. The below report guide provides instructions based on the platform’s default metric definitions and calculations.
PMS Report Types
When comparing Dentrix reporting to Jarvis Analytics, it is critical that the PMS reporting is generated using the same report settings that Jarvis was configured with to ensure matching values between both platforms. Dentrix’s integration to Jarvis Analytics can be configured using two different report settings, Procedure Date or Entry Date (Create Date).
Confirming Jarvis is Connected correctly: Not sure what setting your Jarvis Analytics platform is based on? Find out by going to the Main page of Jarvis and opening up your location information card.
Confirming Dentrix is Connected correctly:
- Proc Date Vs Entry Date – Open up the Day Sheet (Dont know how? Look Here) and see which is selected:
Also, you can check by printing off your Day sheet report.
Once you have confirmed what you are using, then you can know that you are connected correctly.
Aging between Jarvis and Dentrix
In this section, we will cover:
- How the Accounts Receivable by Responsible Party report can be generated
- How to find the same data in the Aging Module in Jarvis, and how you can find and compare data between the two programs
- After accessing the Dentrix Office Manager, Go to Reports -> Ledger -> Aging Report
- To Add “Include Credit”: In the Aging Report window, click the “Calculate Aged Balance as of”, and enter the date you are wanting to create a report for. Click Ok, and your report should be generated.
- Click Ok, and your report should be generated.
- Reading the Aging Report – Go to Jarvis > Aging Module and compare the Dentrix Aging Report with it.
NOTE: The Jarvis Aging report will only display aging data from the day it was installed and going forward. When comparing this to your Dentrix Aging report, compare them within the same date range
Adjustments, Collections, Production and New Patients.
These metrics are all found on the same report in Dentrix known as the Daysheet report. Below you will learn how to create, and interpret the Daysheet report. Use the data from the Daysheet to ensure that Jarvis is correctly pulling your data from Dentrix.
Creating the Daysheet Report
- In the Dentrix Mffice Manager, go to Reports-> Management -> Daysheet or Click the Daysheet Logo
- You should see the Day Sheet window. Now you need to select the Report type that your instance of Jarvis is using. (Procedure Date or Entry Date). Update the date range you are wanting, and check the following boxes and click OK
- Include MTD and YTD totals
- Include Provider Totals
- Chronological Day Sheet
- Deposit Slip
- Go to the batch processor and look for the report you just generated. It is usually located at the bottom of the list.
- Select your report, and wait for the Dentrix report preview to appear. Select the print button or right-click and click print report to print a copy of the report
How to read Daysheet:
On the printed report or the report preview, go to the page where the words “GRAND TOTAL” appear, as the data under this will be the office total and the subsequent totals are the per provider total.
See below which metric from Jarvis is pulling which data field from the Daysheet:
- There are some issues with some versions of Daysheet where it will not show the new pts and pts properly. If that is the case please inform Jarvis’ QA team at.
New Patients in Dentrix
Check out this article to learn more